Arts Society Heritage Volunteers are teams of committed non-specialist volunteers who work under the guidance of curators and other professionals to help conserve our heritage.
Arts Society Heritage Volunteers undertake projects for:
- National Trust properties
- historic houses
- libraries and gardens
They give their time to care for collections, record documents and act as guides and stewards.
"We leave at the end of a project feeling we have made a valuable contribution." a Heritage Volunteer
Current Projects in Wyvern
- Guiding and stewarding at Standlake, Tolsey Museum in Burford, Stonor Park and Kelmscott Manor
- Compiling a book about historic buildings in Burford
- Working with Milton Keynes Museum
- Book conservation at the Angus Library of Regent's Park College in Oxford by a joint group from Abingdon and West Oxon Societies
- A new 14 strong group from Wantage has embarked on a library conservation project at Pusey House, which has the largest theology collection in Oxford. Traning was provided by an expert conservator who works with Arts Society Heritage Volunteer Groups
For further infornation please email the Heritage Volunteers Representative at Heritage@nadfaswyvernarea.org.uk